Chicken Parmesan has always been a favorite of mine even at young age. It didn’t matter if it came from a fancy Italian restaurant or from an elementary school cafeteria. I just wanted that breaded goodness in my belly! Since I don’t always have time to dine out and I no longer have access to a school cafeteria, I decided to try this dish at home. There was one problem… I didn’t have a meat tenderizing mallet, but I did have chicken nuggets in the freezer and some leftover pizza ingredients in the fridge. It’s a simple idea and the results are amazing. Chicken Nugget Parmesan is a quick and simple approach to that classic iconic dish.
Chicken Nugget Parmesan
- 12 frozen chicken nuggets
- 4 oz pizza sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken nuggets in a greased muffin pan.
- Cover each nugget equally with sauce.
- Sprinkle nuggets with oregano and cheese.
- Place in oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer or over pasta.
Recommended Amazon Items
Step by Step
I used fully cooked chicken nuggets. You may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature depending on your brand of chicken nuggets.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken nuggets in a greased muffin pan.
Cover each nugget equally with sauce.
Sprinkle nuggets with oregano
Sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for 11-13 minutes.
Serve as an appetizer or over pasta.