It has always been a tradition in my family for someone to bring a 7 Layer Bean Dip to the New Years Eve party. I figured what better way to end 2017 than to share with everyone these 7 layers of goodness. Each layer by itself is nothing spectacle but combined it creates a powerhouse of flavors. Consider it the bean dip’s version of the Avengers with all these layers coming together to destroy the competition at the snack table. Bring it to your next party and marvel at how quickly it disappears. If you hurry there’s still time to whip this bad boy up before the ball drops tonight!
7 Layer Bean Dip
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Spread the refried bean onto a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Gently spread a layer of guacamole.
- In a small bow, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. Spread the sour cream mixture on top the guacamole layer.
- Sprinkle a layer of tomatoes, cheese, black olives, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerator for at least an hour before serving with tortilla chips.
There may be 8 ingredients but it’s still 7 layers.
Spread the refried bean onto a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Gently spread a layer of guacamole.
In a small bow, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. Spread the sour cream mixture on top the guacamole layer.
Sprinkle a layer of tomatoes…
a layer of cheese…
a layer of black olives…
and finally a layer of green onions.