- 1/2 (10-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound cooked crawfish tails, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add crawfish, green onion, and parsley, stirring until well combined. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning and cream cheese. Remove from heat, and stir until everything is combined well.
- Take the bread and slice it lengthwise, so you have two pieces of bread. Place bread on a baking sheet. Evenly spread the mayonnaise on the bread. Spoon out the crawfish mixture and spread evenly across the bread. Top with cheeses and paprika. Bake until cheese has fully melted, about 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to a low broil setting. Place the baking sheet 6 inches from heat. Broil until cheese has browned, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.