- 2 cups Crawfish Etouffee, recipe here
- 2¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooked and chilled long grained rice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- peanut oil
- Combine Crawfish Etouffee, ¼ cups bread crumbs, rice and 2 beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Beat eggs in another medium bowl. Pour breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Scoop etouffee mixture into balls the size of a golf ball. Roll each ball in flour, then egg mixture, and finishing off in the bread crumbs.
- Lay out balls onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- In a dutch oven heat 4 inches of oil over medium heat to 350 degrees.
- Cook balls in batches in the hot oil until the balls turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve hot.