Leftovers!!! They are what keep the average stomach filled throughout the week. We all have had that leftover lunch of shame. You know the one that consisted of delivery pizza from the night before that may or may not have made it to the refrigerator. Don’t you think it’s time you upgraded your leftover game?
Remember that Crawfish Etouffee from the last post? Well, these delicious pies are filled with that very recipe!
CRAWFISH ETOUFFEE PIES
Crawfish Etouffee Pies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 8 frozen miniature pie shells
- 2 cups Crawfish Etouffee
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees. Remove pie shells from the freezer and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Let stand for 10 mins.
- Fill pies evenly with the etouffee, then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 mins, until crust is golden and filling is bubbling hot. Remove pies from oven and cool slightly before serving.
For reference, these are the frozen pie shells I used. Any frozen pie shells will work, but make note of changes in the preparation methods.
This is pretty smart. Not your typical leftover meal!!!
Mark Weitkamp says
I can’t find these or any miniature pie shells anywhere any more! Where do you get these please?
I found them at a local grocery store called Rouses. But you could buy a larger pie crust and make mini pie shells by placing thawed portions of the crust into porcelain ramekins.