- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grind oats in a food processor until semi-fine.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.
- Using medium cookie scoop, place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack
For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.