- eggs (as many as you like)
- 1 cup water
- Place your eggs in the pressure cooker on top the steam rack that came with the Instant Pot.
- Fill the bottom of the pressure cooker with a cup of water.
- Close the lid making sure the valve is set to closed.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual setting with high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water while the eggs come to pressure.
- Once you hear the beep indicating the time is done, turn the pressure cooker off and wait 5 mins before performing a NPR (Natural Pressure Release).
- After opening the lid use a pair of tongs to transfer the eggs to an ice bath in order to halt the cooking process.
- Continue to let the eggs soak in the ice water for 5 mins before peeling them.
Be sure to create a pyramid like structure if you are cooking more than a single layer of eggs.
Hard boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins