Lemon Tilapia Foil Packets is loaded with amazing flavor that is cooking to a flaky perfection. Take the guess work out cooking fish without dirtying a single dish.
Lemon Tilapia Foil Packet
Do you ever wish you could just cook and not have a mess waiting to be cleaned afterwards? That’s me every day as my sink gets to a point of no return before giving in a tackling the leaning tower of dishes. Foil packets are a clever kitchen hack to the perfect quick and easy meal without the mess. No need to pull out the automatic toothbrush to dislodge that grease soaked baking tray. The beauty of this method is when you are done eating, just toss out the foil. It’s like having your own personal servant named Reynold!
What is a foil packet?
A foil packet is a cooking technique where all the ingredients are placed in aluminum foil and is tightly folded closed. When the foil packet is placed in an oven or on a grill all the flavors are locked in as everything is steamed cooked to perfection.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOSPrint
- 1 frozen tilapia fillet, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil. Place the tilapia on top of the foil in the center.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Spread butter mixture onto the tilapia. Place lemon slices on top with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil over the tilapia and pinch the ends to make sure it’s sealed tight.
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 mins making sure the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
If you are in a rush and didn’t thaw the frozen tilapia. Just increase the cook time to 50-55 mins.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins