Salsa Chicken Rice is an easy meal which can spice up your dinner routine. After a busy day, sometimes you don’t want to spend the evening prepping and cooking in the kitchen. Week night meals shouldn’t be complicated. That’s where this Salsa Chicken Rice comes in handy. Just mix a handful of ingredients with your favorite prepared salsa into a bowl then bake it in a casserole dish and let the oven do the work. It’s the perfect creamy cheesy chicken rice dish for your next Mexican night.
Can I use pre-shredded cheese?
You can certainly use pre-shredded in instead of buying a block of cheese and shredding it yourself. I find it cheaper and it taste better to shred it myself because you don’t have the anti-clumping agents that can be found in pre-shredded cheese.
Salsa Chicken RicePrint
- 1 1/3 cup uncooked parboiled long grained rice
- 1 (24 oz) jar of salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/3 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz mild cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine together the first 6 ingredients (rice, salsa, mushroom soup, sour cream, water and pepper) in a mixing bowl.
- Pour ingredients into a 13×9 casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces. Push the chicken pieces down into the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and place in oven covered for 45 minutes.
- Take dish out of the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Make sure to use a parboiled like Uncle Ben’s Original rice.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine together the first 6 ingredients (rice, salsa, mushroom soup, sour cream, water and pepper) in a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle with paprika and place in oven covered for 45 minutes.
Take dish out of the oven…
and sprinkle with cheese. Cook for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.