- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir for 30 secs.
- Pour quinoa into pot. Stir for 1 min.
- Add chicken stock and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer for approximately 15 mins or until desired consistency.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately.
The quinoa I buy from Costco comes pre-washed. If it doesn’t specify then you will want to make sure you wash your quinoa before cooking to help nullify the bitter taste.