- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cup Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic, turmeric, cumin, and curry. Stir for 30 secs.
- Pour rice into pot. Stir for 1 min.
- Pour in carrots. Stir for 1 min.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaf, and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer for approximately 20 mins. Remove from heat and let it sit for 10 mins covered. Fluff rice with a fork while adding thawed peas. Serve immediately.