- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of turmeric powder(optional, but gives that iconic look)
- ¼ cup cornstarch mixed with ½ cup water
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 green onion, sliced
- Heat up chicken stock over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Stir in the sesame oil, salt, and sugar. If you want that iconic restaurant look, then add turmeric powder too.
- Pour in the cornstarch/water mixture slowly while constantly stirring the pot. Once the pot returns to a simmer, slowly pour in the eggs while stirring the soup.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onion.
Depending on how fast you stir the soup while pouring in the eggs determines the texture of the eggs. If you want thin ribbons stir faster and if you want thicker pieces stir slower.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins