- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the brussels sprouts. Trim bottom and remove outer leaves. Cut each in half lengthwise.
- Place 1 tablespoons of oil in a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss brussels sprouts in bowl with a tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down in the pan and cook for 5 minutes undisturbed.
- Transfer to oven and shake the pan every 5 minutes for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and stir in balsamic vinegar, serve immediately