- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices white sandwich bread
- powdered sugar, as much as needed!
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Then whisk in the milk, sugar, and vanilla. Dip bread in egg mixture covering both sides.
- Using 1/2 tablespoon of butter per two slices. Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry slices until golden brown (about a minute), then flip to cook both sides (about a minute). Stack up and serve with powder sugar
Use day old bread for best results.